Marr Rugby Development Officer
Fixed Term: 12 months (subject to extension)
Full time: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 - £23,500 per annum
Marr Rugby seeks to appoint an ambitious, self-driven and innovative individual to join our team as Rugby Development Officer.
You will deliver on behalf of Marr Rugby and its partners a thriving development structure within Marr College and Marr Rugby Club that ensures sustainable rugby in Troon and surrounding communities in line with Scottish Rugby’s vision - A game for life.
You will have experience of sports development and coaching within a rugby environment, as well as relevant qualifications and a full driving licence.
Supporting development and implementation of the club’s improvement agenda you will -
• Maintain and improve Marr’s Rugby’s position in the Schools and Youth Conference Structure.
• Effect delivery and improvement of the School of Rugby in Marr College.
• Increase playing participation at all levels.
• Work in partnership with a range of agencies to increase involvement and raise the profile of rugby in the local community.
• Deliver high quality coaching sessions to the club, Marr College and its associated cluster schools and community groups.
• Support development and delivery of a coordinated coaching programme throughout the club.
• Co-ordinate the implementation of the club’s “agreed playing philosophy” throughout all teams, ensuring this links to the Scottish Blue Print.
• Support development and delivery of a long-term player development programme throughout the Club, appropriate to age and stage.
• Assist with recruitment, retention and development of club volunteers.
For further information, including job description and person specification, please contact Kevin Quinn, Director of Rugby, Marr Rugby (email email@example.com).
To apply please send your CV and a covering profile of no more than 500 words, outlining your suitability for the position to Kevin Quinn on the above email address.
Closing Date: Friday 8 March 2019